Morning by morning, new mercies I see.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Scotland 2011 - Day 14: Good bye Scotland!


Sadly, our two week holiday came to an end.
We visited family.
We had a retro camper van adventure.
We had an amazing city break.

For the first time visiting Scotland, I didn't feel sad. I didn't feel like I didn't belong. I felt really at home. It was lovely. My whole life I wanted to be there. I wanted to be nearer to my extended family. I wanted to BE there (...and let's face it, I wanted the accent). I still wonder what my life would have been like had I grown up there but I like who and where I am now. And yes, it is nice to be just a short flight away.

I liked showing our children a big part of their history. A part I hope they will want to learn more about as they grow older. Judging by Max's interest in his new Scottish History for Kids book, I'd say this shouldn't be too much of a worry. I want them to feel connected to Scotland, to see in it the beauty that I see there.

Maybe one day we will have a holiday home there. Maybe our children will go to University there. Maybe we will live there one day. Who knows? The only thing I am sure of is that we will be back soon to see the Brora Bunch and the Edinburgh gang. We LUV them!

Scotland makes us very very happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment