Morning by morning, new mercies I see.

Friday, July 15, 2011

Scotland 2011 - Day 1: Brora

The magic of Brora.


We started our trip in Brora. This is a place full of importance in my life.
It is where my Dad spent a significant part of his childhood. It is where my Grandma, Max and Isla's Nana Brora, lives.




Brora beach is where we sprinkled some of my Dad's ashes in February 2008. It is a small village but is so big in my heart.


When I was a child, my Dad passed on his love of this place through stories and images and so...I love it too.




My Dad's brother, Ronald (newly christened Papa Roxy by my two naughties) and his wife Elinor live there too. From their house you walk directly out onto the golf course and the beach beyond. It is very special.

This is Max in front of the train station where my Grandpa was stationmaster. My Dad always had a rather romantic view of the railway, which he passed on to me. Max and I often watch the trains go by here in Switzerland and we ask each other where we think the people on board are going. What adventures lay ahead for them...
Max and Isla sit with Nana Brora, their great grandmother, reading the books she got them.
Isla gazes at her Nana Brora with admiration. It fills my heart with joy to see my children with her. She loves them so easily and they her. They love her soft voice, kind eyes and quick smile.
Max wanted to show her his knitting. He loves making things and is currently enjoying knitting and sewing. He was proud and she gave him all the admiration his little great-grandson's heart needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment