Morning by morning, new mercies I see.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Scotland 2011 - Day 11: Along the Royal Mile and The Singing Kettle

Hello Edinburgh!

The sun was shining as we headed out for the day. The previous evening, we had seen that the Festival Theatre was featuring a production of The Singing Kettle. I wasn't sure what it was but I knew it was a children's show. We headed over to the ticket counter first thing and found out that The Singing Kettle is an iconic Scottish children's entertainment company. A kind of Sharon, Lois and Bram thing. I was excited! We snagged ourselves last minute tickets for the 12:00 show. We had 2 hours to wander the Royal Mile and get ourselves some picnic things.




My new favourite store!







After the show, we headed over to the Museum of Childhood, which was only a short jaunt up the Mile. It houses an impressive collection of toys and memorabilia.




The dress up clothes proved irresistible.
And my girl, she loves to twirl!

We decided to walk to another one of "Fiona's Favourites" (the flat owner left a list) for dinner.
Halfway there, we were caught in the most torrential downpour I have ever been out in! Rivers were flowing down the street and we had to take shelter in an underpass with other unlucky pedestrians. We managed to hail a cab eventually, which took us to Jasmine.
http://www.jasminechinese.co.uk/about.htm
My kids are suckers for sweet and sour chicken. The fact that this one was brought out in a bowl carved out of a pineapple...well, they were suitably impressed!


We hailed a cab as the rain was still bucketing down. Max and Isla were enamored with the cab...especially the rear facing seats. My kids are so easy to impress. A pineapple bowl and a taxi. Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment