Morning by morning, new mercies I see.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Amsterdam: Last Day





By now I had passed enough pancake houses that I was ready to have one of my own. Dutch pancakes are heaven on a plate. They are like crepes except the things you have with them are baked in, rather than folded up inside. I had an apple one and the best cup of tea I had had in 5 days. I was practically shaking with happiness...

We then wandered for a bit, soaking up our last of the Amsterdam atmosphere and then we headed to 'Ton Fun'. It is a children's soft play area built in an abandoned underpass under the city center. You can hear and see the cars and trams passing overhead and the whole place is set up with a car theme. They kept the original road that ran through the tunnel and built on either side of it. The kids can use little scooter things to race up and down the road. Max was a bit anxious as it was a loud place but Isla was Little Miss Independent and didn't stop once the whole time. She cried when we left and kept making the sign for 'more' and saying "mo mo mo".

We made our way to the train station and headed for the airport and the short flight back home to Switzerland.

We'll definitely go back to Holland again...we want MORE!

No comments:

Post a Comment