Morning by morning, new mercies I see.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Lebkuchen vs Gingerbread


Josh came home from his annual Oktoberfest boy's weekend on Monday and he brought these fun Lebkuchen necklaces for the kids. They were so happy to have a treat BUT I'm going to let you in on a little secret. What nobody tells you is that Lebkuchen is absolutely, undeniably AWFUL. It looks like gingerbread, it smells like gingerbread but it does not taste like gingerbread. I believe it is an international joke played by German speaking countries. Kind of a ..."let's see if we can get all the foreigners to eat this..." sort of a thing. Trust me, stick with gingerbread. You'll thank me.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the info. I was thinking of renaming my gingerbread as love cookies. Now I won't.

    ReplyDelete