Morning by morning, new mercies I see.

Saturday, October 31, 2009

All Hallows Eve

Tonight the air is crisp and you can smell winter coming. The moon is not full but it is almost full so the sky is lit up and you can see the clouds shining like blue shadows. They don't celebrate Halloween here in Switzerland and that's not really a problem for me. Someone always organizes a little party or some trick or treating. Sometimes we go and sometimes we don't. As Holidays go, I don't love Halloween but for some reason, I find it special when I see my kids doing something that I did when I was little. I do have many fond memories of October 31st from when I was growing up. My favourite memory is the feeling I got when I was out on my own AT NIGHT. The world looks so different at night and even now, as an adult, I forget to go out and enjoy the stillness and the wonder of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment