Morning by morning, new mercies I see.

Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter sweet things






We got up very early in the morning because, as I have explained in previous posts, my kids never, ever sleep in. Max padded into our bedroom and whispered in my ear, "Is it morning? Can we get up? I saw a trail Mummy, he's been!" And so, it began. Easter morning.

Max took his basket with purpose and began to pick up each sweetie as if it was a race to get to the end. Isla looked at each and every choccie as though it were a present in itself and exclaimed, in a very surprised voice as she dropped them in her basket and looked down, "Mummy, NOTHER one!!!!!" Over and over and over.

I am very reflective at this time of year and I couldn't help but look at my two gorgeous ones and consider the way they approached their Easter trails and relate it to life in general. Do I race for the big presents? Do I, like Max, take the sweeties for granted? Just pile them up and look at them as the means to an end? Or, like Isla, is each sweetie admired and adored? Am I grateful and filled with wonder as the sweet things just keep on coming?

How much I can learn from these two lovelies!


No comments:

Post a Comment