Morning by morning, new mercies I see.

Monday, June 28, 2010

finally...summer!

A life without love is like a year without summer. ~Swedish Proverb

Here in Switzerland we have had weeks and weeks of endless grey skies and rain. It has been a dull June and we have been eagerly anticipating the blue skies and long, luscious days of summer. This weekend our wait was over. Summer arrived resplendent and glorious...it did not disappoint.




When we woke up and saw the sun, we fairly ran for the lake. It was glorious to feel the warmth of the sun on our skin and, as I looked out across the water, I got a little bit teary. I am always dazzled by the beauty of where I live but perhaps due to the dreary weather we have been experiencing lately, I was especially moved by the magnificence around me. It was sublime.


We stayed for hours. We read books and chatted but mostly, we just watched our children play. Ah...the long, lazy days of summer. Each one stretching out before us, endless with possibility. I am filled with gratitude!



There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart. ~Celia Thaxter

No comments:

Post a Comment